Larry G. Brown, O.D., M.S.
Master’s of Science, Gerontology
University of Missouri- St. Louis, St. Louis, MO, 8/95 to 5/97
Doctor of Optometry, with honors
University of Missouri- St. Louis, St. Louis, MO, 8/81 to 5/95
Bachelors of Science Degree, Physics, with distinction
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, 8/86 to 12/90
Low Vision Rehabilitation, Clinical low vision rehabilitation with coordination of orientation and mobility training, rehabilitation teaching, and counseling services provided through UM-St. Louis School of Optometry, St. Louis Department of Ophthalmology, and the St. Louis Society for the Blind and Visually Impaired.
Skilled Nursing Optometric Practice, Coordinate and provide mobile optometric and eye health management services at five St. Louis area skilled nursing and adult day care services.
Clinical Optometric Education, Provide one-on-one optometric clinical education and oversight of optometry student performance in the University Clinic and its satellite facilities.
Indigent and Outreach Care, Provide comprehensive care and eye health management to under-served populations in the St. Louis Metropolitan Area, including services in La Clinica Health Center, St. Louis University’s Health Resource Center, and Mid-East Area Agency on Ageing’s Mobile outreach clinic.
Employment / Fellowship
Optometrist, Robert I. Schnipper MD, PA, 2001 Collage St. Jacksonville FL. 32204 10/13/04 to present
Optometrist, Target Optical, 6331 Roosevelt Blvd. Jacksonville, FL. 32244, May 2004- present
Low vision Specialists, The Eye Research Foundation of Jacksonville, 4191 San Juan Avenue, Suite 1E, Jacksonville, FL 32210, June 2003-March 2004
Clinical Assistant Professor, Geriatric Optometry and Low Vision, Chief of Low Vision Services, Coordinator of Emergency Services, University of Missouri- St. Louis. August 1997-May 2003
Optometric Residency, Chief Residency, A two year fellowship in Geriatric Optometry and Low Vision University Of Missouri- St. Louis July 1995-1997
COSTEP Externship, by candidate selection based on clinical performance and application credentials Gallup Indian Medical Center, Public Health Service / Indian Health Service. Gallup, NM, May – August 1994
Optometrist, D.O.C. Optical, Chesterfield, Missouri October 1995- May 2003
Service and Activities
- La Clinica Health Center: Provided Optometric services to the Latino population of St. Louis in a no fee clinic allowing Spanish speaking residents access to health care, regardless of immigration status. This population might otherwise avoid seeking care from the traditional medical system. 2002-2003
- Health Resources Center: Established and provide visioptometric services in the St. Louis University School of Medicine’s no fee, Primary care clinic for underserved population in North St. Louis City 1995- 2003
- Mid-East Area Agency on Aging: Established and provided vision screening services in the MEAAA mobile outreach clinic for under-served geriatric populations in eastern Missouri. 1997 to 1999
- American Optometric Association
- American Academy of Optometry
- Student Volunteer Optometric Services to Humanity (SVOSH), Faculty Advisor, 1998 to 2003, Treasurer 1993. Served on missions to Patzcuaro, Michoacan Mexico 1994, Salina Cruz, Oaxaca Mexico 1995, and Etzatlan, Jalisco Mexico 1996